No matter who you are,
or where you are on life's journey,
you are welcome here.
St. John's is a friendly and welcoming congregation set on a picture postcard hill in what is still farm country. Our heritage is the Pennsylvania Dutch people and the Lutheran and Reformed faith. Our present congregation reflects a variety of cultures and theological viewpoints. Our future is in God's hands and we hope it includes you.
Here are a few things you will quickly learn about St. John's:
- This is one of the best singing churches you will ever attend, with a spirited organist and choir leading the way.
- This is a church that shares Jesus' call to, "Follow Me."
- We have an excellent Christian education with classes for all ages, two adult classes, and a top notch lay-led two year Confirmation program.
- This church has a positive spirit of care and compassion for one another. We believe in building one another up and walking with each other through hard times.
- The sanctuary has been recently renovated and is conducive to worship.
- This is a mission-minded church with outreach to local and global mission projects.
- This is a church with a place for those who want to explore and practice the Christian faith.
Enjoy the website and please come worship with us this Sunday.
Your Brother In Christ,
Pastor James Gottwald
St. John's Mission Statement
Empowered by the Spirit, our Christian family reaches out to all people through our gifts of love, support and care making Christ visible in daily life. We celebrate the teachings of Christ by providing worship, Christian education, fellowship and pastoral care in this community and through the world.
|Worship - First Sunday of Advent: Hope|
Sunday, Nov 29 - 10:15AM - 11:15AM
|Holy Communion - Second Sunday of Advent: Peace|
Sunday, Dec 06 - 10:15AM - 11:30AM
|Pot Luck Dinner|
Saturday, Dec 12 - 05:30PM - 06:30PM
|Sunday School Christmas Play - "A Tree Lot Christmas"|
Saturday, Dec 12 - 07:00PM - 07:30PM
|Post Play Dessert|
Saturday, Dec 12 - 07:30PM - 08:30PM
|Deadline to order poinsettias|
Sunday, Dec 13 - 08:00AM - 08:30AM
|Worship - Third Sunday of Advent: Joy|
Sunday, Dec 13 - 10:15AM - 11:15AM
Tuesday, Dec 15 - 08:00AM - 08:30AM
|Worship - Fourth Sunday of Advent: Love|
Sunday, Dec 20 - 10:15AM - 11:15AM
|Christmas Eve Prelude|
Thursday, Dec 24 - 05:30PM - 06:00PM
|Christmas Eve "Family Service"|
Thursday, Dec 24 - 06:00PM - 07:00PM
|Christmas Eve Prelude|
Thursday, Dec 24 - 07:30PM - 08:00PM
Read about all of
St. John's activities in our
monthly newsletter .
Click Here for
This Week at St John’s
"A Tree Lot Christmas" Learn how you are a part of Jesus' Family Tree!
Pot-Luck Dinner 5:30pm
Christmas Candy Sale
November 29 through December 20
Milk & Dark Chocolate *Peanuts
$8 for 1-pound
$4 for 1/2-pound
$1.25 for Pretzel Log $1.50 for Lollipos
Reindeer Munch is chocolate covered peanuts, raisins, rice krispies, and marshmallows
Prescription Bottle Collection
Now through March 27
Bring old (EMPTY) prescription and small aspirin bottles to help people in Malawi, Africa
Patients in Africa are given medications at hospitals and clinics in a tissue. Medicines are not protected from rain or children
Please remove the label by peeling it off or placing in boiling water.
by Jodi Picoult
Group will read books for enjoyment, perspective, and discussion
Meets the First Thursday of each month